ho hum conundrums

Ramblings/Rants/Reviews/(w)Riteups...of an average Malaysian Chinese, made in Malaysia, born and bred in the Klang Valley.... WARNING: If you know you're not supposed to be here reading this blog, BUGGER OFF! *no reproduction of this blog is allowed unless permission is sought.tenchu *otherwise.. DISCLAIMER : PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS BLOG IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED. VIEWS HERE ARE SOLELY OF AUTHOR'S (errmm because I'M THE OWNER?) and mostly based on the mood when I write.

Friday, June 23, 2006

anoder...

ehhhhhhhh did I mention that I been hooked on playing text twist arr?? *sorry la..beh ki if I mention before... Si liao lar....lao liao...*

Anyways, was playing the game a coupla nights bek, and I had to make up this word Morgue, then I thought to myself... eh?? morgue??
Actually I simply tembak nia lar... Got timer one leh... Mana tau tembak, the katak didn't mati, so got through and I advanced to the nex round. Yea yea yea....

So I went to check out the meaning of morgue..... from Dictionary

here goes : ...
Morgue is....A place in which the bodies of persons found dead are kept until identified and claimed or until arrangements for burial have been made.

Then i thought... Hah? morgue?.... hmmmmmmm I thought the place where u keep dead bodies is mortuary .... ??? *puzzled...*
Not satisfied, did another search for mortuary...

Mortuary ...A place, especially a funeral home, where dead bodies are kept before burial or cremation
checked the meaning of the word at OneLook -- a building, or a room in a hospital, where dead bodies are kept so that they can be examined before the funeral

TING TING TING!!!!!!!! Correct wor..... But then.... Decided to do a search of other dictionaries, ended up taking this from Wikipedia

morgue: A morgue or mortuary is a building or room (as in a hospital) used for the storage of human remains.
Morgue is predominantly used in American English, whilst mortuary is more common in British English. (Mortuary is also often synonymous with funeral home in American English.) It originally referred to a building in Paris, France, the Morgue, where bodies were kept until identified. The term morgue is derived from French morguer, to look at solemnly, to defy. The term was first used to describe the inner wicket of a prison, where prisoners were kept for some time, that the jailers and turnkeys might view them at their leisure, so as to be able to recognize them when occasion required. Relating to dead people, the name was first given to a building in Paris which in the middle of the fifth century was part of the Châtelet and was used for the keeping and identification of unknown corpses.
Probably because it is in a sense where the "dead bodies" are kept, the term morgue is also used in the United States to refer to the room where newspaper or magazine publishers keep their back issues and other historical references.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... So I been using the Queen's Engranddddddd larrr...... IC IC..........


So u can achelli use these two terms lah.....

ok ok.. now semangat liao... this weekend I go n play text twist summore n learn new words n tell u peoples ok???



Anoder educative post ... brought to you by


my8cents

4 Comments:

At Friday, June 23, 2006 9:17:00 PM , Blogger FooDcrazEE said...

thanx for the info. I know what morgue is but didnt know it was Amelican

 
At Saturday, June 24, 2006 10:37:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh , u mean u dunno wat is morgue meh?...but but..ur engrand dem keng one wor...the medical ppl oso call it morgue la when we wan to refer to the tat place...still remember my first autopsy ( post mortem)...eerie la..esp the hosp where i did it..got bodies lying on the slab , n the floor..overflowing ler..the freezer all full liao...n the smell..ok ok..i m not going on la..oredi spoil my mood for lunch liao...buekkkk

 
At Saturday, June 24, 2006 3:27:00 PM , Blogger FooDcrazEE said...

hmm....that will be nice....hehehehhe! ever wonder how them mortician eats after all that autopsy ?

 
At Monday, June 26, 2006 3:41:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wat is nice wor..foodcrazee...ewwwwww...i think if they die of natural causes ok la still..but kalau accident n all...adoih...it's one thing trying to resuscitate them , n another when they r oredi cold on the slabs....hehe soli ar PK...terbawak bawak pulak aku bercerita..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home