ho hum conundrums

Ramblings/Rants/Reviews/(w)Riteups...of an average Malaysian Chinese, made in Malaysia, born and bred in the Klang Valley.... WARNING: If you know you're not supposed to be here reading this blog, BUGGER OFF! *no reproduction of this blog is allowed unless permission is sought.tenchu *otherwise.. DISCLAIMER : PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS BLOG IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED. VIEWS HERE ARE SOLELY OF AUTHOR'S (errmm because I'M THE OWNER?) and mostly based on the mood when I write.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

a day at the post office

So I was at a post office somewhere last...Tuesday...... It's the mad mad christmas greeting cards rush...
hehehe!

Am a regular at the post office, so the guy saw me and waved at me... ehehe! I was the next one. Ok so it was my turn liao..... handed the guy a stack of christmas cards...he took quite a while to do so, and then the guy behind me was like a bit the impatient, so...being a typical Malaysian that day, I apologised for taking so long...He was like....showed me this fake smile and said.... It's okayyyyyyyy.....not ur fault...After that, he was whispering to his gf that the people are so inefficient... can see that he spent quite a number of years abroad lar...by his pissed off tone...

So after that I got my stamps and gleefully hid at the corner and started pasting them on the envelopes. After chucking them in the box, I saw that there was no line. Wheeeeee!!! So I quickly went to the stamp counter again and bought summore stamps

Ever wondered...if you're a native Chinese/Indian... that you can't speak very well/can't utter a single word of your mother tongue?
Well, I'm one of them... 'bananas' who can't comprehend it if you speak complixated Mandarin... I will look at you as if I was raised in the Bahamas. (or somewhere exotic... mmmmmmm)
Anyways.....

There was this Chinese national. He was like.... 6'2.... and he was speaking to me in Mandarin... I was at one point... damn malufied lar... cos I oni half understood what he meant..... Then I look squarely at his eyes and shrug...'Yo! haf no idea what you're talking' So he went... OH! then proceeded to spik in his broken English as best as he could.... He wanted to send some post back to China via registered post and Asked me to ask the guy.. Heck.. that fello was counting my stamps la.... *(yeah I bought quite a lot... more than RM 100 worth of stamps*
So he was like staring expectantly at me ... so i obliged and interrupted the stamp guy. He kinda read me and told me in malay to just leave him alone and ask him to ber sabar... lolx... ada ke patut... so I look back at Chinese guy and said... Wait. He thought I hadn't ask... laaaaaaa... wanna become a Samaritan oso kena....
After that, he struggled to ask me some other question, which I didn't understand... then he asked where to line up for the stamps, I told him u haf to queue..he didn't understand, so he went to another corner... ishhhhhhhh
then 3min later he came back to the stamps.. He must've stood at another corner looking like an idiot... I was still there the guy hadn't finish sorting out my stamps.. heheheh!Yah.bought a lot lar...
Then I asked him if he orady got wat he wanted, and proceeded to explain he has to get in line, he refused to listen to me and just said....
NEMIND...IT'S OK.THANK YOUUU (SARcastically!*

I WAS like.... ok....U'RE WELCOME... Phooeyyyyy

Then I was talking to a fren on the phone relating the incident to her.....
Wahhh she can ask me question like... errrrrrrr Eh but you Chinese worrrr

LOOK, Dude!!! i KNOW i'm chinese... and I SHUD know how to speak Mandarin etcetc....
But has it ever crossed your minds that... Eh... I've been born and raised in Malaysia all my life (contrary to my imaginations that I'd love the Bahamas...Or Hawaii....or some other exotic places...)
I CAN STILL GO TO PLACES and order food....or get around......Whilst this fler has prolly spent like 3/4months here... and he can't get his message across to the local guy.....
*prolly some SPOILT chinese kid....*

UGH!!

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 20, 2005 12:05:00 PM , Blogger darthvadai said...

Its interesting that by a skin color we judge heritage and to a mother tongue...yeah I agree manay can grasp the mother tongue...

I live with people who can understand Hokkien but read the sub title when it comes to Mandarin...

"Everyone is kneaded out of the same dough but not baked in the same oven."

hehehe do i get a card???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home