poverty....
was watching this TVB series last night... and they depicted the olden times of like.... 60s/70s when mainland Chinese went to HongKong to cari makan.. and they lived in ... 'squatters' Like few families living in the same place, prolly about 1,200sqf with like 7families (couple+2kids), where they sleep on double decker beds.
Anyways, it was about a couple from China making their way down to Hkg with their young girl 7yrs old, and then shortly after that another baby boy.
bla bla bla.... the guy (sole breadwinner) left...cos he was in debt. His wifey had to do 3jobs to feed her kids.
sucha sad scene..... (this after I've just taken me medication.. but struggling to finish watching the show)
I wonder what it's like to be poor....
Everytime I watch movies like this, I'm reminded that there are people poorer than myself....That there are even people who wake up the next morning and find that they do not haf food on the table. :(
So... Be thankful!!!
Be Thankful that when you get up, u can walk to the kitchen and make urself a cuppa coffee/tea/Milo
Be Thankful that when you crave for McDonald's (or KFC or even a bowl of asam laksa) we can just drive across the road
Be thankful that we haf work and salaries so that we can pay bills and for our meals.
*so much for a Wednesday morning sermon! ahaks!*
now go make sure that you finish every morsel of your food... Otherwise I'll come hounding again... mauahahahahah!!!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home