ho hum conundrums

Ramblings/Rants/Reviews/(w)Riteups...of an average Malaysian Chinese, made in Malaysia, born and bred in the Klang Valley.... WARNING: If you know you're not supposed to be here reading this blog, BUGGER OFF! *no reproduction of this blog is allowed unless permission is sought.tenchu *otherwise.. DISCLAIMER : PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS BLOG IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED. VIEWS HERE ARE SOLELY OF AUTHOR'S (errmm because I'M THE OWNER?) and mostly based on the mood when I write.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Hawkers

Hey hey..... Over the past week, two incidences happened when I was out having hawker's food.....

Had lunch earlier... I went to this coffee shop the 3rd time, was like pondering what to eat, then decided on chee cheong fun lor... Cos it's like the express food, and I didn't wanna haf sucha heavy lunch. Choose choose choose...
'Eh Aunty... I want a piece of bittergourd and lady's finger....'
'Bittergourd we dun haf'
*erk*.... unusual for a CCF stall.... ok nemind....
'2pcs of ladies finger la.....'
'No more liao'
&&#(*!& 'ok...'
'why dun u take tau fu pok???'
*yuck.... tau fu pok.......* (at d bak of me head... ee-yer...1. oily 2.no taste wan....)
'why? scared oily ar???'
I nod.......
'No lar.... not oily wan.... i fry not oily one.... see???'
Ok lor.... take one piece la.... since no bittergourd/lady finger....

Wah sai... the LONGEST time she took to serve. I oni got it like..... 20minutes later.... hiyohhhhhhhhh

OK lor.... eat.... Just as she was clearing the plate....
'Lei hou loi mou lei hor... ???' (you long time neva come liao hor??)
I was like sucking my last few drops of drink and nearly choked!!! wha..????
'Errrrrrrr...... Actually I dun come here often....'
I could see like... She was trying to make conversation... eheh! but.... erm... Me not regular customer lehz.....
'Ohhhh... so u just pop by when u pass by this area la....'
'ahhh... Ya lor' *grin*

Last week when I went for my fave tong yuen and soup in Klang, the lady who sells the soup and rice (yam w rice/long beans w rice) chit chatted and said...
'Wahhhh... hou loi mou keen (long time no see)''
I was like.. 'Ya lorrrr... I keep telling my fren I missed coming here for the soup and tong yuen' (I had to say soup first la... hehehe!!!)
Then summore small talk..... hehe! I like her! chirpy lady......

It's not that I didn't wanna go le.... The few weeks before Klang was like... buried in the haze, and then after that me was sick ma... I got there the next instant I could be... ahaks!!!

It is a over the hill feeling when hawkers recognise you. Imagine la.... they see sooooooo many people in a day... and yet when you pop up they ask how're you??Wah long time never see you.... hehe! I still love it when the rojak woman say that when I go to the pasar malam..... Whee!!!! Hope to go nex week.. heheheheh!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home