ho hum conundrums

Ramblings/Rants/Reviews/(w)Riteups...of an average Malaysian Chinese, made in Malaysia, born and bred in the Klang Valley.... WARNING: If you know you're not supposed to be here reading this blog, BUGGER OFF! *no reproduction of this blog is allowed unless permission is sought.tenchu *otherwise.. DISCLAIMER : PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS BLOG IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED. VIEWS HERE ARE SOLELY OF AUTHOR'S (errmm because I'M THE OWNER?) and mostly based on the mood when I write.

Friday, July 01, 2005

Tongue twisters

Tongue-twister:
"A sequence of words, often alliterative, difficult to articulate quickly." (Oxford English Dictionary)

I've often been intriguing by the tongue twisting business. When I was young, my mom used to read that to me as a kiddo, and she'd prod me to practise and learn it. my fave wud be the Peter Piper one. Goes like this....
----------------------------------------------
Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled peppers,
A pack of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked,
If Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled peppers,
where's the pack of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
----------------------------------------------
and then there are loads too, some one liners, some a whole paragraph. Some of my other faves are...

She sells seashell by the seashore. (it's a hoot last time when my sis were younger, me n mom wud make her do that n she'd get bloody irritated at me n mom... lol*)
---------------------------------------------------
I thought a thought.
But the thought I thought wasn't the thought
I thought I thought.

---------------------------------------------------
Which witch wished which wicked wish?
--------------------------------------------------
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck
if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
He would chuck, he would, as much as he could,
and chuck as much wood as a woodchuck would
if a woodchuck could chuck wood
. (I think this is me mom's fave.... heh! couldn't match her when she read that.... All I did was the Peter Piper one... heh! *snigger*)
---------------------------------------------------
Mr. See owned a saw.
And Mr. Soar owned a seesaw.
Now See's saw sawed Soar's seesaw
Before Soar saw See,
Which made Soar sore.
Had Soar seen See's saw
Before See sawed Soar's seesaw,
See's saw would not have sawed
Soar's seesaw.
So See's saw sawed Soar's seesaw.
But it was sad to see Soar so sore
Just because See's saw sawed
Soar's seesaw
!
(like tis one too!!)
---------------------------------------------------
Betty Botter had some butter,
"But," she said, "this butter's bitter.
If I bake this bitter butter,
it would make my batter bitter.
But a bit of better butter--
that would make my batter better."

So she bought a bit of butter,
better than her bitter butter,
and she baked it in her batter,
and the batter was not bitter.
So 'twas better Betty Botter
bought a bit of better butter.

---------------------------------------------------
Hope you had fun reading them... hehe!

1 Comments:

At Sunday, July 03, 2005 12:05:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

so u have real challenging childhoood pam haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home